On-line Cheese Shoppe
UPDATE: We are excited to now offer refrigerated truck delivery to most of Southern Ontario.
Le Douanier Cheese
Brand: Fromagerie Kaiser
Product origin: Ontario
Production level: Artisanal
Original format: Varaible mass 3.5 kg wheel
Milk type & treatment: Cow - pasteurized
Swiss-born and trained Cheesemaker Fritz Kaiser decided he wanted to create a Canadian version of the French Morbier cheese.
As per tradition, a layer of edible vegetable ash is in the centre of the semi-soft cheese, washed with salt water.
Aged for nine weeks.
The rind is edible.
- Mesclun, Raspberry and Walnut Salad with Le Douanier cheese
- Lamb Roast stuffed with Apples and Le Douanier cheese
Suggested beverage matchings:
- Red wines: Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Ripasso
- White wines: Sauvignon blanc, Sémillon
- Late bottled vintage port
- Sparkling light cider
- Beer: ambers, lagers, Pilsners
Save this product for later
Display prices in: CAD