On-line Cheese Shoppe
UPDATE: We are excited to now offer refrigerated truck delivery to most of Southern Ontario.
Frère Jacques Cheese
Brand: Fromagerie St-Benoît-du-Lac
Product origin: Quebec
Production level: Artisanal
Original format: Variable mass 2.5 kg wheel
Milk type & treatment: Cow - pasteurized
Made at a benedictine monastery, near Magog, Québec.
This firm, alpine-style cheese is washed with annatto, giving the rind a slightly orange colour.
The cheese has eyes in the paste, similar to a Swiss Emmenthal cheese.
A delicate flavoured cheese, which melts wonderfully.
- Beef Rouladen Tex Mex with Frère Jacques cheese
- Apple and Almond Pie with Frère Jacques cheese
- Red wine: Cabernet franc and Valpolicella
- White wine: Pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc and Sémillon
- Beer: Amber, lager, Pilsner
Save this product for later
Display prices in: CAD